Dr. Charles Stanley
Read | Hebrews 10:19-23
In our troubled world, injustice, crime, and dishonesty fill the news. The one constant seems to be change.
By contrast, we have a God whose actions are perfect, whose character is flawless, and who is faithful to keep every promise He’s made. He is “the same yesterday and today and forever” (Heb. 13:8). We can have complete confidence in Him because He is . . .
• Omniscient. Our Father knows what is happening with every person at every moment (Luke 12:2-3). His knowledge is complete—no circumstance is hidden from Him; there is no motive or thought process that He does not discern.
• Omnipotent. God has total power over all things; nothing is outside His control. He uses His might to bring about His perfect will. No authority in heaven or on earth can thwart His purposes (Job 42:2; Matt. 19:26).
• Omnipresent. No person or place is outside of God’s presence (Ps. 139:7-12). All space and time is within His sight, and He never overlooks anything or anyone.
• Truthful. God cannot lie—He always speaks truth. We can fully trust His Word and His responses to our prayers.
• Loving. We can also have confidence in the Lord’s intentions, because His character is pure love (Rom. 8:28; 1 John 4:8).
God’s nature is not affected by time, place, people, or circumstances. He never makes a mistake in what He says or does, because His knowledge is perfect, His sovereignty is complete, and all is within His sight. Every promise is guaranteed in Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 1:20). For all our days, He’s the One we can count on. Hallelujah!